Code of Ethics
The Functions of the Code of Ethics is to:
1. To safeguard the care of my client
• To build trust
• Keep the client safe and healthy
2. To outline the ethical conduct with the profession
3. To help define the standard of practice
II. The Code of Ethics
A. Section on Faith
1. As a Mental health coach, I consider the Bible to be the final authoritative basis for faith, values and ethics.
2. As a Mental health coach I maintain committed, intimate and dedicated relationship with local body of believers.
3. As a Mental health coach I recognize and uphold inherent God-given worth and dignity of those I serve.
4. As a Mental health coach I maintain Godly standards of personal conduct.
B. Section on Professional Role and Responsibilities
1. As a Mental health coach I will represent myself accurately in the interest of my client’s welfare. As a competent Mental health coach I represent my qualifications fairly and accurately, correcting any misunderstandings clients may have about my qualifications.
2. As a Mental health coach I will keep current with emerging knowledge relevant to mental illness and openly share this knowledge with my colleagues.
3. As a Mental health coach I will recognize my boundaries of competence and provide only those services and use only those techniques for which I am qualified by training or experience.
4. As a Mental health coach I will be able to recognize when a situation calls for a response which exceeds what I am able to provide and to assist my clients in obtaining the professional services they need.
5. As a Mental health coach I will never intimidate, threaten, harass, use undue influence, physical force or verbal abuse or make unwarranted promises and benefits to the individuals I serve.
6. As a Mental health coach I will advocate for those I serve that they may make their own decisions in all matters when dealing with mental health professionals.
7. As a Mental health coach I will respect the privacy and confidentiality of those I serve. What is said in the coaching session stays between you, the client and me, the Coach.
There are only two exceptions that by law I have to report ,and they are when there is a report of danger to you the client, or others. This includes abuse of children and the elderly.
8. As a Mental health coach I will be guided by the principle of self-determination for all and help those I serve to achieve their own needs, wants and goals.
C. Section on Client – Coach Relationships
1. As a Mental health coach I will not enter into dual or multiple relationships that conflict with the interest of those I support.
2. As a Mental health coach I will not engage in romantic or intimate activities with those to whom I am currently providing support or have worked with in a professional role in the past 2 years.
3. As a Mental health coach I will not engage in business, extend or receive loans or receive gifts of significant value from those I serve.
4. As a Mental health coach I am sensitive to human diversity and will not practice, condone, facilitate or collaborate in discrimination of any form.